We scored some grapes as part of our share at the farm co-op. We had been getting them pretty regularly and we all had extra. This particular week I decided to make some juice with them.
I tossed them into a non-stick pot and added just enough water to cover the grapes. I had never made this before but several online resources suggested that you simply bring them to a boil, simmer 10 minutes then mash them up. A blurry, simmer pic. They did quickly start to slip from their skins.
Several minutes into the simmer, it was really starting to look like everything was turning into a juice. I grabbed my potato masher to begin the whooping these grapes were about to get.
After mashing them, I simply poured them through a cheese cloth and into a mason jar. I didn’t add anything to the results. No sugar, no water.
The more I drank of the juice, the more I think I should have added water to it. It was somewhat tart, since I included all the green grapes as well. I didn’t mind the tartness but the whole thing seemed a bit powerful, if that makes any sense.